Cynacism is starting to grow on me.
The more that I see of this world,
the more I hate it.
It's funny...
all of these politicians offering hope,
offering a new day.
We all buy in.
I know that I do,
and will continue to do so even with the knowledge of how futile these words really are.
Nobody is changing anything.
Why does a politician become a politician-- to change things?
No, it's to have their face associated with what they've accomplished.
Why does a cop become a cop- for law and order?
No, it's to have that gun and badge, but most importantly the respect that follows it.
Everything, everyone, all of it-- it's not real.
Everything is full of lies. Full of hate. Full of fear.
Double standards, hidden meanings, and unfulfilled promises line our lives.
They probably always will.
So when somebody comes along and offers you that seed of hope,
the hope to change everything into an ideal reality--
tell them to fuck off.
you already have everything you ever have or ever could need.
No comments:
Post a Comment