Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011


my dream is to leave this place.
my dream is to be more broke than I've ever been before
in a country that I've never been before
with people who I've never met before
with ideas I've never heard before.
six months from now,
if I'm not in Sweden sitting on the shore of a lake
smoking grass & cigarettes
writing poetry........
I will have truly lost myself.
lost my reality.
lost my dreams.
I can't let that happen.
I owe it to myself and everyone I know to make sure it doesn't fall through
I have to do it
it's the only way
and I will do it
and whether or not I come back with an enlightened mind or not,
at least I lived my dream
and gave it a shot
rather than sitting through these god damned lectures I have to sit through
in something I don't give two fucks about
I'm going to write
I don't know what yet
but I'm going to write.
and I will be happy, doing what I love, and what I'm passionate about
even if I'm making $7 an hour at some fucking coffee shop the rest of my life
at least I won't be miserable
like my father
or like his father.
do what you love
do what you're passionate about
no amount of money will save your soul from torment if you don't
but if you do
no amount of money would be worth abandoning it

No comments:

Post a Comment