I don't know what love is.
I thought I had an idea when I was a kid.
I loved Pokemon and the TV's glow,
now I set a second date and you never show.
I don't know what lonely is.
I thought I had an idea when I was a kid.
I'd scream out loud at recess time,
now I scratch my head for exactly the right rhyme.
I don't know what success is.
I thought I had an idea when I was a kid.
I'd dream of power, fortune and fame.
Now I'm sick and tired of this wicked game.
I don't know what energy is.
I thought I had an idea when I was a kid.
I got a kick from watching fires burn
but now there's so much more about it I have learned.
I don't know what a partner is.
I thought I had an idea when I was a kid.
Parent's seemed in love put on a happy face.
Now they drink and feel alone with their second mate.
I don't know what heartbreak is.
I thought I had an idea when I was a kid.
I got you a valentine, you threw it away.
Now I hate the whole month of February.
No comments:
Post a Comment