Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

fill/you up

It's like that uncool thing that I collect.
The things that make me happy that my friends regret.
It's like the cold cold weather sinking to your bone
that makes you walk faster on your way back home.
It's like a man's personal means of escape.
Depending on who's riding who something's got to break.
It's like god nature's fury
singing grow or die,
urging us to hurry
without asking why.
It's like the emblem of sin
taking up my thoughts.
Make me happy once again,
I seem to have forgot.
It's in the lies we tell
for our bedroom to sell.
Your cancer will be cured
if you just let me fill/you up.
It's in the standing applause,
new recruits for the cause.
Your questions will be answered,
please just let me fill/you up.
*A half-filled glass
a baby's brain.
I'm a little storm cloud
just let me rain
and fill you up
and leave my stain.
After seeing your soul
I don't want to love again.*
It's like the dirty thoughts
that cause your mind to rot.
Your worries are forgot
if you just let me fill/you up.
It's like the tingle you get
after you take a hit.
I could make it last forever,
please just let me fill/you up.
*
It is the love we create
and the search for a mate.
I will sing this song forever
if you just let me fill/you up.
It is the truth we find
burrows deep in our mind,
I'll be honest to you baby
please just let me fill/you up.

No comments:

Post a Comment